Years of munching and crunching on our favorite foods can wreak havoc on even the healthiest of smiles. Whether due to dental decay, oral trauma, or an underlying condition, the placement of a dental crown may be needed to help restore a tooth’s form and function. As a CEREC dentist in Portland, Dr. Beck and our team at South Waterfront Dental can work to restore your smile back to health in just one office visit.
What Is a Dental Crown?
A tooth-shaped “cap” that fits over a damaged or decayed tooth, a dental crown helps to restore the tooth’s size, shape, and strength, while also improving its overall appearance.
Once a crown is cemented into place, it fully encases the entire visible portion of the tooth that sits at and above the gum line. Dental crowns are ideal for patients needing:
- To protect a weaken tooth.
- Restore to health an already broken tooth.
- To cover a tooth that contains a large filling.
- To cover a severely discolored or misshapen tooth.
- To cover a dental implant.
- To make a cosmetic modification.
With traditional dental crowns, it would take three office visits to prepare a tooth and fit a crown into position. But with our revolutionary Sirona CEREC MC X machine, Dr. Beck can fit a custom made dental crown in just one office visit!
Patients no longer need to make repeated visits to our office to repair their smile, making CEREC an excellent choice for patients looking to save time and quickly restore their oral health.
Advantages of CEREC Dental Crowns
If you need a dental crown to help repair your smile, then a CEREC dentist in Portland is just what you need.
Here are a few of the many advantages CEREC dental crowns can offer our patients.
- Dental crowns in just one visit. No need to make repeated visits to have your crown placed. CEREC allows Dr. Beck to create a custom made dental crown in just one office visit that takes as little as 2 hours to complete.
- Saves you valuable time. Saving multiple trips to the dentist means taking less time off of work, missing less class, or just simply freeing up more of your time in general. We all lead busy lives, so why spend more of your precious time at the dentist then you need to complete your treatment?
- No need to wear a temporary crown. With the placement of traditional dental crowns, you need to wear a temporary crown after your tooth has been prepared while waiting for the lab to create your custom crown. With CEREC, you cut out the middleman so your crown is ready that day.
- Digital technology makes it easier to fit a crown. CEREC uses digital technology to create an exact replica of your mouth that means no need to use messy dental plaster to make a mold of your teeth.
- Natural appearance and color. CEREC crowns look and feel like natural teeth. With 17 different shades available, Dr. Beck will have no problem finding an exact match so that your crown will blend seamlessly into your smile.
- Stronger more resilient. The highly durable materials used to create a CEREC crown are less prone to flaws and cracks when compared to other types of dental restorations.
Don’t let your smile suffer from neglect. A custom CEREC dental crown can help restore the form and function to any smile. Contact your CEREC dentist in Portland, Dr. Todd Beck, today for your consultation.