South Waterfront Dental is excited to announce the addition of same-day dental implants to our growing list of available dental care services. Dr. Beck now has the training and skill necessary to offer this advanced treatment option, which will allow him to transform a patient’s smile during just one appointment to our SW Portland dental office.
Dental implants offer a great treatment option for patients needing to replace one or more missing teeth. When teeth become lost due to an accident or dental disease, dental implants can help to restore the form and function back to your smile.
Dental implants make an excellent option for any patient who:
- Hides or feels embarrassed about their smile because of missing teeth.
- Wears ill-fitting dentures that frequently slip, move, or cause discomfort.
- Feel dissatisfied with wearing removable or partial dentures.
- Want to protect the health of neighboring teeth that could move or shift as a result of a gap in their smile.
Same-day implants offer a great solution for patients looking to quickly restore their smile back to health. Contact our office today to schedule your dental implant consultation with Dr. Beck so you can start smiling with confidence once again.
What are Same-Day Dental Implants?
Also referred to as Teeth in a Day or immediate implants, same-day dental implants provide a convenient alternative to patients who need to replace missing teeth with an implant. Dental implants are designed to replace both the foundation of a tooth and the exposed crown. By placing a titanium post into the jawbone where the roots of your tooth once were, Dr. Beck can replace a missing tooth and restore your ability to eat, speak, chew, and smile just like before.
Previously, it would take multiple visiting to our SW Portland dental office to complete the placement of a dental implant and crown. But now with same-day implant and CEREC crown technology available to our patients, Dr. Beck can have you smiling with confidence after just a single appointment.
When Should You Consider Dental Implants?
If your smile is effected by the loss of one or more teeth, you may want to consider the use of dental implants for a variety of reasons, such as:
- You feel self-conscious about the appearance of your smile.
- Missing teeth impact your ability to speak.
- A missing molar or incisor can make it difficult to eat.
- Not replacing a missing tooth can cause neighboring teeth to shift and move out of place.
- Bone loss can occur in the area of the jaw surrounding a missing tooth.
- Missing teeth can cause the structure of your face to appear sunken or saggy.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Most patients choose implants to replace one or more missing teeth, or to support a full set of dentures. Dental implants are made of a highly durable titanium, a sterile material easily accepted by the body. In the U.S., over 5 million implants are placed by dentists each year.
Implants offer patients a number of advantages, including:
- Improved appearance and restored function to a smile diminished by one or more missing teeth.
- Improved support for bridges, and full and partial denture that prevent unwanted slippage or movement in the mouth.
- A secure fit makes bridge and denture function and feel more like natural teeth.
- Improved support also means improved comfort for patients with dentures.
- Prevention of jawbone shrinkage as a result of missing teeth.
- Outstanding value, as dental implants can last a lifetime when supported with quality oral hygiene.
To find out more about the advantage of same-day dental implants, contact our office to schedule your implant consultation with Dr. Beck today!